We are hiring for a seasoned System Administrator to join an existing project team and this role is based at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. You will work on a small and very productive development team dedicated to building and delivering high-quality deliverables for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage infrastructure related to a project including on-premise and/or cloud resources.
- Assist in the deployment of software releases and change orders on applications and environments.
- Responsible for monitoring and supporting all infrastructure including reviewing continuous monitoring logs.
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures for continual changes to the environment.
- Researching and resolving Action Requests.
- Communicate effectively with customers and other important stakeholders.
- Developing an architecture roadmap with AS-IS and TO-BE along with the necessary step to execute the plan.
- Meet with customers to work through issues and present future plans.
- Two years in an enterprise operations environment with production responsibility
- Five years of experience in system administration and/or engineering
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher in a technical field
- Experience with or knowledge of issue tracking and resolution
- Significant application architecture experience with Microsoft Azure or an on-premise Windows Server environment
- Experience with IT best practices
- Excellent writing/documentation skills
- Ability to work independently or within small teams
- Significant experience troubleshooting complicated systems problems
- Experience researching and recommending technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with customer interaction in a help desk environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- U.S. Citizenship Required with ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Microsoft Certified Azure System Administrator