We are hiring for a seasoned developer to join an existing project team and this role is based at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. We are seeking an experienced, mid-level Java Developer to maintain and enhance web-based applications with many new capabilities planned. You will be actively involved in designing and developing a reporting and analytics web application based on Java tools/technologies, standard web languages, and several frameworks/libraries. You will work on a small and very productive development team dedicated to building and delivering high-quality software for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical capabilities.
- Work with clients and development team to elicit, refine, and clarify requirements.
- Solve complex problems with a unique systems approach.
- Design web-based solutions in support of business requirements.
- Plan, prioritize, and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Work in an agile manner using Scrum.
- Track work using a ticket/issue system (e.g., Jira).
- Document software development processes and user guides.
- Use version management and issue tracking software to manage and document all changes.
- Deploy code using automated build tools (e.g., Jenkins).
- Bachelor's Degree (computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline strongly preferred).
- Understanding and experience with object-oriented software development.
- Strong knowledge and comprehension of web/software development best practices, frameworks, and libraries.
- Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, SourceTree) and configuration management processes.
- Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Experience creating and using RESTful APIs.
- Experience with USAF environments and systems.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Fundamentals and/or Developer.