We are hiring for a Help Desk Specialist to join an existing project team and this role is based at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. The candidate must be able to handle a variety of tasks to support a large-scale, mission-critical data solution.
- Provide end user contact point and facilitate effective technical solutions to complex problems.
- Provide feedback to both short-range and long-range planning activities to enhance system performance and improve efficiency.
- Ensure issues are routed and resolved accordingly and maintain proper communication with users.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users.
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Supervises operation of help desk and serves as focal point for customer concerns.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Customer support experience in enterprise user service and help desk incident management.
- Customer support experience/knowledge working with large-scale, data-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing and handing multiple tasks.
- Minimum 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Secret Clearance Eligible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or similar field.