We are hiring for a seasoned ETL Developer to join an existing project team and this role is based at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. The candidate must be able to handle a variety of tasks to support maintenance and enhancements of the data pipelines that feed a cloud-based data warehouse. The current ingestion mechanisms use Informatica PowerCenter, SQL, Shell Scripts. The candidate must be able to clearly communicate data model designs and ETL processes to users, report developers and other ETL developers.
- Support and develop ETL processes to support data warehouse and reporting requirements.
- Develop ETL processes using Informatica PowerCenter, SQL and shell scripting to extract data from source systems, transform the data into the necessary format and load it into the data warehouse.
- Assess current processes to identify areas to optimize, improve or reduce risk.
- Develop technical design documents clearly explaining modifications to existing ETL processes and data models.
- Maintain existing ETL code.
- 7-9 years of overall experience.
- 5+ years of solid professional experience with ETL and data integration
- Fluent with SQL and PowerCenter
- Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data processing.
- Understanding of data modeling practices using third normal form.
- Understanding of data warehousing and data lake principles.
- Ability to analyze and understand existing enterprise applications and databases
- Ability to analyze and understand existing SQL scripts and ETL processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
- Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, engineering, or comparable work experience.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Experience with USAF environments and systems
- Informatica PowerCenter Data Integration Certification