We are hiring for a DevOps Engineer to join an existing project team and this role is based at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the CI/CD of all software development is carried out smoothly while recommending best practices. She/he is the technology evangelist for all tools, frameworks and technologies to help product development.
- 8-10 years of overall experience preferably with Microsoft Azure cloud environments.
- 5+ years of solid professional experience in the DevOps practices of software development.
- Must have experience with maintaining and building a Microservices Architecture in production using containers.
- Must have experience with API gateways.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in deploying microservices in a production environment and have managed multiple workstreams.
- Must have 5+ years of experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines utilizing GITHUB, Jenkins, and covering both On-Premise, On-premise cloud and cloud-based installations of software.
- Experience scripting with bash, PowerShell, python, etc.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and best practices in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong understanding of working within the windows environment
- Prefer production scale Docker experience (pre and post launch) (Docker Swarm. Docker Registry etc
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or other science/technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Responsible and accountable for establishing and maintaining the DevOps processes for the software development team.
- Understands the current in-house DevOps and build processes, makes necessary recommendations for improvements, and implements those changes.
- Defines and maintains DevOps best practices.
- Ensures that the company’s DevOps process has the cybersecurity in mind, maintain cybersecurity practices in the DevOps processes.
- Provides management support to the DevOps team including the supervision of resolution of legacy environmental issues in the sandbox environment.