Definitive Logic is seeking a Test Engineer to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) across a Veteran Affairs program by verifying the broadest scope of functional, operational, interface and performance requirements creating actual end user experiences. The Test Engineer must read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases; run tests; and document results. The Test Engineer should be familiar with defect management system repositories and to be able to create complex test data records. The Test Engineer may be assigned to one large complex multi-year project or multiple smaller or shorter duration projects.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key process, system, and technical views of the program.
- Read, understand and analyze business requirements; identify test scenarios; define test plans; create test cases and scripts; execute tests; identify & report defects and report outcome of test events.
- Managing multiple operations, ensuring quality standards and work performance. Experience in developing and maintaining plans to organize and oversee work efforts; assigning resources; managing personnel; providing risk management and ensuring quality management.
- Experience with both functional and non-functional requirements
- Good project management and systems engineering skills.
- Ability to lead interviews of key system stakeholders and translate synthesized information into well-crafted requirements statements.
- Excellence in executive-level oral and written communications (briefings, presentations, and strategic documentation)
- Prepare progress reports and client briefings.
- Prepare quality project deliverables.
- Help to plan and execute program within client governance structure.
- Support client growth initiatives by identifying additional opportunities and scoping/responding to follow-on tasks.
- 6 or more years of professional experience in appropriate field.
- 3 or more years of experience performing on Federal government consulting projects through the full project lifecycle.
- Understanding and proven application of project management best practices such as PMI’s PMBOK.
- Understands Acceptance Testing as part of Software Development Life Cycle and able to distinguish differences between need for QA testing and UAT testing
- Experience using Test Automation tools, specifically Rational Functional Tester and JIRA
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define, collect, and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make logical decisions.
- Ability to obtain a Government Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- COTS Business Systems experience.
- VA Veterans Benefits Administration experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results-driven environment.