We are looking for a Project Controller to participate in the setup, planning, tracking, analysis and reporting for multiple projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. You must have an understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards in Project Control and have a broad knowledge of industry practices to include Professional Services. Your responsibilities include significant interface with program/project managers, customers, subcontractors, and technical staff as well as other functional support areas including contracts, finance, accounts receivable, procurement, people and culture; both subcontracts and purchasing, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a business relationship with assigned Program/Project Manager(s) (to include Directorate management if applicable). Provide financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate set-up, performance and reporting of projects. This will include providing guidance and roll-up data for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly data-calls. Based upon knowledge of project performance, assist in the development of forecasts on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Understand the contract document(s). Identify and confirm requirements with the Contracts Administrator and the Program/Project Manager(s) to include reporting and invoicing obligations and other items that may affect the project's set up in Unanet.
- Set up and maintain assigned projects in Unanet based on project and contract requirements and in compliance with the Company's set up rules to ensure the proper recognition of revenue along with reporting to support contract requirements.
- Monitor work-at-risk projects. Ensure compliance with the Company's work-at-risk and revenue-at-risk policies.
- Notify/work in conjunction with the People and Culture team when personnel matters cause potential work-at-risk situations.
- Review actual project expenses for accuracy and completeness. Identify and correct any issues in a timely manner to ensure the proper recognition of revenue and a correct invoice.
- Monitor actual indirect expense rates. Identify and report variances between actual and provisional/target indirect expense rates and recommend solutions for reconciling.
- Coordinate with the Program\Project Manager(s) monthly to help prepare updated estimates to complete as part of the (EAC) for revenue recognition.
- Regularly monitor assigned project performance and cost estimates to complete (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC) for reasonableness against plans and actual expense rate. Research and provide timely explanations for variations in project performance. Based on the analysis of data, provide observations and recommendations to the Program\Project Manager.
- Prepare and provide assorted reports for internal and/or external customers to include funding summaries, Limitation of Funds (LOF) and Limitation of Costs (LOC) notifications (in coordination with the Contract Administrator), Project Status Report (PSR) queries and other reports as required.
- Together with the billing department, ensure project invoices are accurately prepared, reviewed, approved, and timely submitted. As necessary, assist the Program/Project Manager(s) in collecting client receivables and managing days sales outstanding (DSO).
- Provide monthly reconciliation of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activity to include researching unexplained reconciling items.
- As required, assist Program\Project Managers and members of the Pricing Group with bid and pricing support and proposal development.
- Aid in the development of yearly business plans and monthly updates to the forecast for assigned Program/Project Managers and Directors.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's financial policies and procedures to include revenue recognition policies and project set up rules. Serve as a liaison between the business office and operations.
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups).
About Definitive Logic
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance-related field, specifically accounting or finance, professional designations preferable.
- Attention to detail an absolute must.
- 10+ years experience in similar role, Government Contracting experience required, Professional Services experience required.
- Unanet experience preferred, Costpoint experience a valid substitute.
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-596-5120. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.