We’re looking for an Accountant in our Arlington, VA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders across functional boundaries (contracts, program operations, accounting, audit, DCAA, etc.).
- Check, verify and process invoices, prepare payments for signature, sort, code, and enter accounts payable data, analyze discrepancies and unpaid invoices, and maintain vendor files.
- Compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered. Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Conduct invoice reconciliations, maintain AR and AP subledgers. Excellent computers skills with the ability to operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Verify figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Administer all contract financial reporting and invoicing.
- Provide financial data support to PMs and other stakeholders to include invoicing detail and contractual milestones as applicable.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or Deltek GCS
- Experience working for a federal government contractor
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting positions
- Experience with a full understanding of GAAP and FAR
- Proficiency with accounting software required and the ability to learn and develop personal training schedules to ensure a thorough understanding of Deltek to complete all tasks internally without assistance from others
- Ability to establish relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to read and understand contractual requirements for reporting and invoicing
- Ability to develop and implement solutions to complex financial transactions
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
About Definitive Logic
- Understanding and experience with indirect cost pools
- Contract Closeout experience
- Retroactive billing experience
- Billing experience using Deltek Costpoint
- DCAA experience.
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-596-5120. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.