We’re looking for a Senior Accountant in our Arlington, VA headquarters.
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries including revenue, payroll, prepaid expenses, unbilled accounts receivable, and accrued liabilities.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations for necessary balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts.
- Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the accounting operations. Responsible for maintaining and adhering to internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Prepares Bank reconciliation for approval
- Maintains daily cash sheet
- Prepares customer invoices: CPFF, T&M, FFP; Interacts with clients as needed.
- Processes checks weekly and as needed.
- Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Assists project management with reports.
- Responds to requests of team members and manage deadlines.
About Definitive Logic
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2 years of experience;
- Solid understanding of government contract accounting
- Proficient with Costpoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem solving abilities, discretion, strong ethics
- Strong understanding of Accounting Principles, knowledge of GAAP
- Understanding of government contract compliance regulations found in the FAR, CAS preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-596-5120. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.