Definitive Logic is a community of experts and we seek to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners.
We have an immediate opening for a Controller in our Corporate Office in Arlington, Virginia. This person will perform a broad range of accounting and finance activities including cost accounting, account receivable, payroll, accounts payable, labor accounting, reconciliations and financial statement preparation. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the monthly and annual preparation of corporate financial statements including but not limited to the proper recording of all costs, sales and expenses, creation of the indirect cost pools, revenue recognition and booking of accruals and journals
- Management and mentoring of junior staff
- Management of monthly accounts receivable and cash management
- Primary point of contact for financial stakeholders including bankers and auditors
- Oversight of semi-monthly payroll operations including labor posting, interface with ADP and cost reviews and validation
- Oversight of accounts payable tasks including account coding, cost verification, vendor set up and check processing
- Internal point of contact for labor accounting including time and attendance processing and interface with payroll
- Create and maintain electronic and hard copy files for internal and external auditors
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Update and reconcile pre-paids, accruals and other required work papers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Five (5) years directly applicable work experience
- Experience and proficiency in Deltek Costpoint
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Comfortable with communicating with all levels of the organization
- Detail Oriented problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent Organizational and prioritizing skills
- US citizenship
If you're interested in, and qualified for, this opportunity please contact
- CPA license
- Working knowledge of ADP payroll processing
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic is a growing small business with a focus on providing technical solutions to public sector and commercial organizations. We invest in developing our team members into technical leaders in their fields on interest. If you are looking to be a member of a talented company with a small business culture, we look forward to hearing from you.
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to PBrennan@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-596-5120. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.